Professional Research Assistant - 18234
University of Colorado – School of Education & Human Development
Professional Research Assistant/Evaluation Specialist I (SEOW Coordinator)
The Evaluation Center
Position #356075 – Requisition #18234
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Our VisionImproved lives and communities through high quality evaluation.
Mission StatementWe strive to make evaluation a valued and widely accepted practice by increasing the use and understanding of evaluation. We collaborate with our clients to support evidence-informed programs, practices, and policies in schools, institutions of higher education, governmental agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
- We value high quality, ethically defensible, culturally responsive evaluation practices.
- We strive to understand the context and communities in which we work.
- We use rigorous and innovative quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods.
- We help clients obtain and use information to make informed decisions about the implementation and effectiveness of their programs and policies.
- We make evaluation meaningful and accessible to multiple audiences.
- We support the development of evaluation capacity and its use within institutions and organizations.
- We provide real world evaluation opportunities for graduate students to apply coursework and gain evaluation expertise.
- We advocate for the value and use of evaluation by a wide range of stakeholders.
- Our work advances the field of evaluation.
This PRA/Evaluation Specialist I position reports to The Evaluation Center’s Executive Director.
Mentorship of student workers/graduate students is possible.
SEOW specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating day-to-day activities of the State Epidemiology Outcomes Workgroup
- Coordinating activities between The Evaluation Center, the SEOW, and its stakeholders
- Presenting information to the SEOW and related committees
- Participating in all SEOW workgroup calls/meetings
- Supporting the work of The Evaluation Center as the contracted evaluation partner for the SEOW
- Attending SEOW steering committee and full committee meetings
- Sending out agendas, taking meeting notes, and supporting the SEOW in carrying out its mission
- Conducting analyses of secondary epidemiological data to include in SEOW products and deliverables
- Development of relevant products and deliverables for the SEOW (brief reports, technical reports, infographics)
- Actively recruiting SEOW participants
- Onboarding new SEOW members
- Updating the SEOW website
- Working closely with all Senior Evaluators and Senior Evaluation Specialists
- Providing evaluation support activities including collecting data (via interviews, surveys, site visits, etc.), conducting on-line literature searches, entering data, and setting up codebooks
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative analyses independently
- Coordinating data collection schedules and project activity logistics
- Organizing and maintaining project materials and information
- Applying various methods of quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Working closely with clients to collect data, design instruments, report findings
- Technical report writing
- Completing other duties as assigned
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=18234&lang=en