Hello Community Partners!
Registration is now open for the Trauma-Skilled School Institute hosted by the National Dropout Prevention Center (NDPC) to be held in Colorado Springs and Grand Junction. Two training options are set for March 20-21 and April 9-10, 2019.
The Colorado Department of Education is partnering with NDPC to host these trainings. Please see below and attached for more information. The attached announcement provides details on several professional development opportunities. Please consider attending and share the information with your networks.
March Training Dates
To register for March trainings please click .
Trauma-Skilled School Institute:
- What: 1.5 day training on Trauma Skilled School Model - Recent trends have moved schools toward awareness, but that is not sufficient to help students excel in the classroom and life. This training introduces and builds on a framework that provides strategies to transform a school's culture to be Trauma-Skilled. Information on this framework can be found .
- Audience: Community-Based Organizations, advocates, schools and district staff linked to student support services, school counselor, school social worker, school psychologist, Administrators/coordinators
- *Cost: $ 150 per person (including food)
- Dates: March 20, 2019 (1-4 PM) through March 21st (8 AM – 3:30 PM)
- Location: Colorado Springs
April Training Dates
To register for April trainings please click .
Trauma-Skilled School Institute
- Description, Audience and *Cost – See above
- Dates April 9, 2019 (1:00 PM to 4:00 PM) and April 10, 2019 (8:00 AM to 3:30 PM)
- Location: Grand Junction
For More Information, Contact:
Office of Dropout Prevention and Student Re-engagement