SPRC is excited to announce the release of a new video series on for suicide prevention. This series includes five-to-six-minute webinar clips that feature expert advice on developing a communication plan, understanding your audience, and evaluating your efforts. Speakers include:
- Kerri Nickerson, SPRC director of grantee and state initiatives, on the importance of strategic communication planning
- Stephanie Craig Rushing, project director at the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board, on how We R Native engages tribal youth to develop messaging
- Robert Cottingham, suicide prevention trainer/coordinator at the South Carolina Youth Suicide Prevention Initiative (SCYSPI), on working with youth to develop their social media strategy
- Rajeev Ramchand, senior behavioral scientist at RAND Corporation, on evaluating communication efforts
Each video also has a free, downloadable worksheet to help practitioners put these skills into practice – whether they’re new to communication planning or looking to take their current efforts to the next level!
Please help us spread the word by sharing this announcement with your colleagues in the CDC Violence and Injury Prevention Center network, including the following suggested social media messages:
- Twitter: Check out this new video series on strategic communication planning for #suicideprevention from @SPRCtweets
- Facebook: @
SuicidePreventionResourceCente r has released a new video series on strategic communication planning for suicide prevention. Check it out here!