By volunteering at the walk, you will have the opportunity to support families as they walk in memory of those lost or injured in impaired driving crashes. The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving is to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of impaired driving crashes, and prevent underage drinking.
VOLUNTEER DUTIES (participate in any of the following tasks during their shift):
• Set-up event (booths, tables, hanging banners, deliver water to the route)
• Tear down event and general clean up
• Assist with Kids’ Zone and Doggie Den activities
• Registration (handing out t-shirts, registering participants, accepting donations)
• Route monitors and water station attendants
• Vendor relations
• Brief informational session prior to the start of the Walk.
• Age 13 or older (volunteers aged 13-15 will need to come with an adult)
• Reliable transportation to/from the Walk
• Able to help move tables and chairs
• Able to work in various weather conditions
• Able to stand for at least 1 hour
• Willing to wear a MADD volunteer t-shirt
• Episodic volunteer application required (for new volunteers)
• If you need community service hours, please indicate that in your note expressing interest. MADD requires volunteers to have completed all of their sentencing, but there is opportunity to complete community service hours at MADD.
TIME COMMITMENT - CHOOSE ONE:
If interested please email Rebecca Green, Program Specialist, at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org and include which shift you're available to work.