Practical, positive and fun, each small-group Stepping On workshop spans seven weeks.
Weekly, two-hour sessions focus on:
- Identifying fall risks—home hazards, vision and medications
- Building self confidence—the fear of falling and community mobility
- Improving strength and balance—functional fitness exercises
- Adding safety strategies to everyday life—better decision making
- Ability to teach as a team. Each organization needs to have at least two trained leaders. These may include: - Nurses - PTs/OTs and/or assistants - Hospital staff from trauma, rehab, wellness, etc. - EMTs or firefighters - Community partners who work with older adults
- Willingness to learn the proven Stepping On techniques for reducing fall risk
- Enthusiasm to work with older adults and make a difference in their lives.
TO REGISTER for this FREE training class, or for more information, please contact: Robert Hayes, RN, MATPT Stepping On Master Trainer RobertHayes@centura.org 720-321-8973