We are seeking young people ages 13-19, with diverse life and/or geographic experiences, to participate as consultants on a statewide advisory council. This council is open for ANYONE and EVERYONE to apply. If you answer yes to any of these then this council is for you!
This council was started in 2000 and continues to be supported by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Youth consultants on this council, provide feedback and recommendations to state and community partners who are working to positively impacting the lives of Colorado's youth. (i.e. YOU!)
Participation in this council will provide opportunities for you to develop leadership skills, increase your knowledge of various health topics and engage in meaningful ways to have your unique voices heard.
- YOU GET TO BE THE EXPERT!
- A place where your opinions and ideas are listened to and your experiences are honored
- Consultants are paid $10/hour + reimbursement for transportation to meetings
- The council meets one Saturday per month for 4 hours (most likely in Denver)
- Provides opportunities to meet other youth from around the state while growing personally and professionally
- Offers creative ways to learn about youth health and the factors that can effect it
Either fill out the pdf version, including getting a letter of recommendation or complete the Word Version, then print, sign and fax, scan/email.