This is an open competitive announcement. The deadline to apply is by 5 pm February 16th.
Information about the work unit
The mission of the Colorado School Safety Resource Center (CSSRC) is to assist educators, students, parents, emergency responders, and community organizations to create safe and positive school environments for all Colorado students in pre k-12 and higher education schools.
• The Center assists schools in preventing, preparing for, responding to, and recovering from all types of emergencies and crisis situations.
• The Center provides resources, training, and technical assistance to foster safe, positive, and successful learning environments where early intervention occurs to prevent crisis situations. This includes, but is not limited to, a resource website, providing regional conferences and training in school safety issues, and a newsletter
• The Center works with an advisory board, including various representatives, such as the Department of Education, the Department of Public Health and Environment, the Department of Behavioral Health, and law enforcement agencies.
- This position has overall responsibility for the child sexual abuse prevention training program of the School Safety Resource Center including program management, data collection and expertise in all federal and state laws regarding child abuse and school staff responsibilities.
- This position provides services around child sexual abuse prevention to schools and coordinates and collaborates with all local, state and national entities providing similar services to the schools.
- This position pursues available funding and implements projects funded to address Colorado school needs for training relating to recognition and prevention of child sexual abuse, adult sexual misconduct, and sex trafficking of youth.
- This position supports the overall work of the Center by assisting with trainings, website management, and reports to legislation. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.