September 16-18, 2015 | Vail, Colorado
The Call for Abstracts is now OPEN for the 2015 Public Health in the Rockies Conference, the largest public health conference in the region.
Submit an abstract by April 18, 2014 to be considered for this Conference.
You can download abstract submission instructions prior to submitting. In addition, you will be able to stop and re-start an abstract submission at a later date. Click "Save Answers and Resume Later" at the bottom of the form to get a re-start link.
About the Conference:
The 2015 Public Health in the Rockies conference continues the conversations of last year by highlighting work focusing on our goal of improving health for all. Health inequities persist due to systematic policies and practices that create barriers and obstacles to achieving equal health status for populations. These are preventable barriers and obstacles. In order to improve health equity, we must not only increase awareness, we must actively address health inequities in our everyday work.
The 2015 Public Health in the Rockies Conference aims to:
- Build new partnerships in the quickly changing climate of public health
- Bridge existing partnerships with new collaborations across multiple fields and disciplines
- Integrate awareness of health inequities into current public health work
- Offer an opportunity for networking and learning to all conference attendeesThe conference will provide awareness of and concepts for continuing to integrate a health equity focus within public health in Colorado, and to showcase multidisciplinary efforts within the context of the three core functions of public health: assessment, policy, and assurance.
The 2015 Public Health in the Rockies Conference will be hosted at the Vail Cascade Resort in Vail Colorado, September 16-18. Just outside the conference doors, enjoy the beautiful scenery and activities that Vail offers and don’t forget to pack your walking/running shoes and participate in the numerous fitness activities offered throughout the conference.
Public Health in the Rockies is a shared endeavor of the Colorado Public Health Association, Colorado Society for Public Health Education, and the Public Health Nurses Association of Colorado.
Support the 2015 Public Health in the Rockies conference by sharing your expertise:
- Attend the conference
- Be a presenter at the Conference or enter your work as a poster
- Join the planning committee - Contact Alix Hopkins, CPHA Senior Chair-Professional Education to join (at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Be a sponsor of the Conference
- Exhibit at the Conference
Stay tuned to the CPHA website for the most up-to-date information.