CDPHE’s Retail Marijuana Education Program released its first progress report to the Colorado General Assembly on the retail marijuana education campaigns.
- implementing statewide education and public awareness campaigns (including the GoodToKnowColorado.com campaign),
- targeting high risk groups with prevention messages,
- creating educational resources for the public and target audience groups,
- aligning messages across state and local agencies,
- evaluating the effectiveness of campaign and other program efforts, and
- defining next steps for the program and campaign efforts.
CDPHE contracted with the Colorado School of Public Health (CSPH) to evaluate any link between the reach of the campaign and subsequent changes in the knowledge of marijuana laws, awareness of the health effects, perceptions of risk and prevention behaviors among a sample of Colorado residents. A baseline assessment was completed prior to the campaign launch in January. After the campaign is fully launched across the state and a post-assessment survey is conducted this summer, CSPH will analyze any changes over time. Results of this analysis will be published in the legislative report due November 1, 2015.