Below is an overview of the evening:
- Corey Rose, Channel 9 news anchor – Emcee of the evening
- Governor’s Welcome (invited) and discussion of new state strategic plan on Rx drug abuse
- Laurie Lovedale, Overview of Colorado data
- Panel of Speakers
- Michael Botticelli (invited), Deputy Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy - Discussion on national solutions
- Senator Aguilar - Discussion on new overdose prevention legislation (Naloxone)
- Dr. Ingrid Binswanger - Discussion on hazards of mixing medications with alcohol and other medications and the importance of storage and disposal
- Dawn Fosket, parent of child who overdosed on Rx drugs - Discussion of warning signs and symptoms and how to have a conversation with youth
- Clay Hart, in recovery from Rx drug addiction – His story with a focus on warning signs and symptoms and having conversations with youth
- Question and answer session from audience (We will also have the capacity to answer questions from the remote locations).
Please distribute this flyer to anyone that may be interested or can help us get the word out. This includes your contacts throughout the state. This is a wonderful opportunity to engage our communities in a discussion on Rx drug abuse and challenge participants to have those conversations with youth.