The Colorado Department of Public Health, the State Unit on Aging, the Tri-County Health Department, and the Colorado Older Adult Falls Prevention Coalition invite all falls prevention stakeholders to attend a series of falls prevention stakeholder meetings on July 30, 2013 at the Holiday Inn Cherry Creek in Denver Colorado.
Stakeholders are welcome to attend one or all of the sessions offered (see agenda), but are especially encouraged to come to The State of Falls Prevention in Colorado Luncheon from 11:30-1:30, which will include presentations describing the current status of older adult falls in Colorado and current falls prevention efforts around the state. Physical therapists are invited to a special session from 530-730 pm about the Otago Exercise Program.
Participants will get new data, and learn about several evidence-based community falls prevention programs, including: STEADI, Otago, Matter of Balance, Stepping On, and Tai Chi Moving for Better Balance. Presenters will highlight available resources for providing fall prevention services as well as accessing existing services around the state.
- Provide information about successful evidence-based older adult falls prevention programs available in Colorado
- Learn how to obtain falls prevention resources
- Develop strategies to increase collaborative efforts at the community-level to prevent falls
Sessions:Who should attend? All falls prevention stakeholders who are interested in learning more about Colorado falls prevention efforts and available community-based falls prevention programs and resources, including: aging service providers, community-based organizations, non-profit organizations, wellness, exercise and activity coordinators from senior centers, recreation centers, and senior living facilities.
- Fall Prevention Network Partner Engagement (Continental Breakfast)
- The State of Falls Prevention in Colorado Luncheon
- Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Roundtables
- Implementing Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Programs in Community Settings
- Otago Physical Therapy Educational Session (More information on the Older Adult Falls Coalition Website)
Registration is now closed. Please use the following information to watch the presentations via Livestream.
- Visit the Livestream Channel, http://new.livestream.com/
cdphepsd/ISVP, prior to the presentation to ensure are able to access the site.
- Use your computer’s speakers to listen to the presentation. There is no call in number.
- Have a question or comment? Type it into the box to the right of the screen anytime during the presentation. If you are new to Livestream, you will be prompted to quickly create an account (name, email, password) to submit your comments. This will not disrupt viewing the online forum. Comments are visible by all webinar participants
- Try refreshing your website browser if you are having trouble with an echo sound during the webinar
- The webinar, and supplemental documents, will be archived on the Livestream channel: http://new.livestream.com/