The toolkit contains provider resources including:
- Fact sheets
- Training materials such as case studies
- A chart to help different types of practices incorporate falls prevention
- Suggestions about how to talk with patients about falls
- Assessment tools for three gait and balance tests
- Patient education brochure
- Pocket guide for providers which includes a flowchart outlining the most important steps in assessing and managing fall risk in older patients.
Important announcement for Colorado physicians!
The American Board of Internal Medicine has approved the CDC STEADI Fall Prevention Quality Improvement Program for Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part IV credit. Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, in partnership with Tri-County Health and HealthTeam Works, has resources to help you implement all aspects of STEADI, including provider education, print and electronic materials, data collection, and reporting requirements. For more information contact Aerin LaCerte - aerin.lacerte *at* state.co.us.